Monday, February 27, 2012

Evaluating My Goals

Well it is time to reevaluate my goals for 2012 and share my progress...or lack thereof!
Physical: As much as I don’t want to say this...but I am going to have to put the 1/2 marathon on hold for right now. Several factors play into this as I’m having some physical problems with my left leg. I’m doing some strength training, practicing better running techniques, and taking light runs. The goal isn’t dead, just pushed backed. I’m currently working out 4 to 5 times a week which is good but I want to be more consistent in the 5 to 6 range.
Mental: My reading pace is off to a good start as i have finished 2 books out of 24 for the year with about 5 others started. I’m striving to focus on only 2 right now so that I could be a bit more efficient. So many good books though...so hard! I feel that I have done really well so far in my intensity vs. consistency with my children. That is due mainly to the next category.
Spiritual: I have been consistently in the word on a daily basis. I really enjoy getting up in the morning, grabbing a cup of coffee and just reading God’s word. I was doing a plan on youversion but have since changed it up. More on that in another post. As for scripture memorization...epic fail! I haven’t given up though.
Social: These were a bit lofty for the time of life my family and I are going through right now. Therefore I’m focusing just on my family. I have spent more quality time with my children and Rachel overall. I haven’t meet the quota I set but that’s okay. I’m headed in the right direction and they were only guidelines anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment